The Sony HVR-HD1000U is an HDV camcorder specifically designed for videographers looking for an affordable shoulder-mounted camera. Ideal for event work and wedding videography, the camera is equipped with a ClearVid CMOS sensor, capable of recording 1080i high definition footage on a standard MiniDV tape. Additionally, the HVR-HD1000U comes fitted with a 10x Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar lens with Super SteadyShotTM image stabilization, ensuring operators get the perfect shot every time. These features make the HVR-HD1000U a welcome addition to the already proven line of Sony professional HDV products.
- Professional Shoulder-Mounted Design
- To meet the widening demand of event videography such as weddings and concerts, the HVR-HD1000U comes in a shoulder-mounted design, without carrying the large price tag of traditional ENG cameras. The utilitarian benefit of this style camcorder is met equally by its professional appearance on the job.
- Super SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- The HVR-HD1000U comes fitted with a highly sophisticated optical stabilization system, making sure users get glass smooth shots even in less-than-ideal situations.
- High Definition on MiniDV Tapes with HDV
- The HDV format, used in the HVR-HD1000U allows high definition recording on standard MiniDV tapes. This is accomplished by using the very popular MPEG-2 compression technique used in many applications, including DVDs and satellite television.
- ClearVID CMOS Technology
- Sony’s ClearVID sensor is positioned at a 45° angle. Since each pixel is positioned at this angle the result is far clearer diagonal lines. Images will appear crisper, without the apparent “jaggies” that often plague video signals.
Signal System HDV: 1080/60i
DV: 480/60i (NTSC)
Image Device 1/2.9″ CMOS ClearVid Sensor Lens Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Zoom Lens, 10x (Optical), 37mm Filter Diameter Signal-to-Noise Ratio Not Specified By Manufacturer Horizontal Resolution 1080 Lines Sensitivity 11 lux Minimum Illumination 4 Lux f1.6 at 18 dB Vertical Smear Not Specified By Manufacturer Built-in Filters Not Specified By Manufacturer LCD Monitor Clear Photo LCD Plus, 2.7″, 16:9 Aspect Ratio Viewfinder 132,000 Pixels, 16:9 Aspect Ratio Scan Matching Yes Memory Card Slot Memory Stick Duo (for Photo Capture) Shutter Speed Range 1/2-1/10000 Gain Selection No Audio Audio Dynamic Range Not Specified By Manufacturer Audio Signal Format HDV
MPEG1 Audio Layer II
16-bit/48kHz 2 Channel Mode
12-bit/32kHz 4 Channel Mode
Audio Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz Signal to Noise Ratio Not Specified By Manufacturer